The winery is located in Lujan de Cuyo, province of Mendoza, 20 minutes from Mendoza city. The building is one of the few relics of the old Mendoza, built in 1901 by who was on that time Governor of Mendoza: Agustin Alvarez. Federico Benegas Lynch bought this property in 1999 and it took him 5 years to restore it to its original design including the adobe walls.
Nothing describes this winery better than the story of a woman who persevered to create fine and exclusive wines. In 2000, against advice from colleagues and experts, she decided to establish her winery in Lo Abarca, a small town in the San Antonio Valley. Despite warnings about problems with location, the cool climate, and people’s disbelief, she was successful in creating a company whose wines have received numerous world awards, helping position Chile in a distinct light with its high quality, high value wines.
Named after the Picunche Chief Andetelmo, known as ‘El Principal’, master of the lands where our winery at the foot of the Andes Mountains in the Alto Maipo Valley is located today. The vision of this indigenous leader, as well as his noble and peaceful character earned the respect of the Spaniards and inspired a history of cooperation and cultural exchange that remains in place today. Now, more than 400 years later, the spirit of Chief Andetelmo lives on in our wines as a pure expression of the nobility of our history and the quality of our unique terroir.
In 1910, grandpa Vincenzo set off for Naples in his dogcart. He was going to finalize negotiations for the purchase of a plot of about 20 hectares of land, set around a lookout tower. The land was owned by the Zambra family and the tower was called after them, going by the name of “Torre Zambra.
Bodegas Patrocinio winery is the driving force behind Uruñuela, a town of 967 residents uniquely positioned in the heart of the Rioja Alta. We started out as 200 grape growers with small vineyards in Uruñuela, who in 1985 decided to join forces to produce and market our own wines.
Quinta de S. Jose
Quinta de S. José is a family project that began in early 1999 by the will of the João’s father, Ruy Brito e Cunha, due to the excellent location of the houses in the Quinta, practically on the side of the river. The houses were restored, respecting the framing and typical materials of the Douro region.
Fattoria Dianella is situated in a panoramic position on the gentle hills of Vinci, native town of Leonardo da Vinci. Vinci is part of the Montalbano, west of Florence, one of the subzones of Chianti DOCG since 1932, first mentioned in a Ducal Proclamation of 1796 as a wine-growing zone characterized by smooth wines with deep flavors.
Our story began in 1947 with the founding of the cooperative in Vilajuïga. The cooperative of Pau was created later, in 1961, and merged with that of Roses. The three cooperatives were created with the same purpose in mind: to work together and produce a quality product that reflects the character of our region. United by this common purpose, in 2015, we decided to join together and create what is now known as Empordàlia, a name that represents us all. Empordàlia is the fruition of many years of hard toil, teamwork and a desire to perpetuate a tradition.